Tuesday, January 17, 2012

where it all begin


This little boy thought he would make his way into the world a little early back at the very beginning of September but we had other plans mommy, daddy, and everyone else wasn't quit ready for him so mommy stayed a week in the hospital let me stop and add my sister was out of town for her one year honeymoon and she is suppose to be in the delivery room with me and she is a few hours away. Also we had no babyshower yet and I was so worried he wouldn't have a bathtub which was the only thing we didn't have. Well after staying in this small room with NO window for almost a week they finally sent me home on bedrest (now I wish I didn't complain because bedrest wasn't so bad but my nanny was stricked she wouldn't let me leave the couch all day but to eat, use the bathroom and sometimes get my own water. wish now I had that treatment and might I add I didn't sleep because I was too busy wanting to do things) well Monday, September 19th was the 1st time I had never felt Kagen move he was not active so we went to the doctor, they hooked me up and everything was fine they said he was just being lazy and sleeping more they checking and I was only 1cm..well the next day came and the same thing was going on so we went back and while we were going to the doctor these few times (daddy was at work he normally worked night 3-11 but this week he was working 7-3) everything was still the same as the day before. Well Wednesday morning I woke up and was in so much pain that I told my mom that I thought I was dying so we decided that I would go back to the doctor and see what they said today. I told Lance which is daddy that we were going to the doctor because something didn't feel right well she checked me and I was 3cm and 100% thinned out and she sent me over to the hospital. well thank goodness I yelled at Lance for getting off work to come because I thought they would just send me back home but they didn't so my mom, lance, and my nanny took me on to the hospital and my sister met us there on her lunch and her work is not even a mile from the hospital so she would come back after lunch unless we needed her before. By the time I was in my room and all the nurses came in I had a few from the last time and the one that I loved from my last hospital stay (ms. Mattie) by 5:30 I was only at a 5 and the doctor that was on call said I would most likely have a baby. My sister made it up there and brother in law Sam, my best friend Ashleigh was not leaving the hospital until we had a baby she had school the next day and she brought all her spend the night stuff to the hospital because she was not missing anything, nanny was at the foot of my bed rubbing my feet as they watched contractions come and go, Lance was sitting in the corner all quite so that he didn't get yelled at ( my mom was the only one to get yelled at the whole time) well around 9:30 pm they gave me Demerol because I didn't want an epidural which i did go to the class to get but didnt want if I didnt have to have well Lance went down to get chips and a drink while he was gone they checked me again and in 5 mins i went from a 5 to a 10 they were trying to get my midwife there..she made it just in time it was go time finally the moment we had all been waiting for..at 10:46 Kagen Ray Carter entered the world being 5lbs 13oz and 18.5 inches long. I remember I kept asking is everything ok because there was so many people around him and Ms.Mattie stayed late to see him and help being him into the world I remember seeing him and he was a little blue but didnt cry loud as I thought he would. they got me ready and let me go to the nursery to see him it was love at 1st sight the nurse on callled said I could hold him which I was so happy to do as everyone was outside the window my mom, sister,nanny,grandaddy,Sam, Ashleigh, and Lance's dad. The nurse said he would have to stay there for the night so he could get more oxygen since he wasnt keeping his levels up but if anything changed she would let me know. I was so tired and that answer was ok wasnt quit sure but I went on to my room and looked at the pictures I had taken and posted them on facebook so everyone would know my sweet handsome little boy was here.



As I went to sleep that night I told lance to make sure the phone was where we could hear it incase something changed. Well morning came and everyone came back to the hospital and still I had not seen my sweet baby since we left him there the night before I decided to wait because my sister worked with the doctor that was going to be Kagens doctor and Jessica said that she was at the hospital checking on Kagen. I will never ever forget this Lance left to go home and shower and get everything up for Kagen because I didnt want anything out the box until he was here so nothing got dust on it. In the room with me was my sister Jessica, brother in law Sam and my mom when doctor Leoffler entered the room she had a smile on her face as she sat at the foot of the bed she looked at me as she said we know he was early and hes small his oxygen level is still not where it needs to be but that it fine we have him taken care of but this is the part that I will never forget he said we have heard so much about this little boy through his aunt Jessica this might not be what you expecting but Kagen has signs of Down Sydrome everyone got quit as she pointed out everything he has a straight line in his palm, he has small ears, his eyes, the back of his neck, and his nose. I accepted it but I cried this was not the news that I excepted to hear but she wanted me to go hold and love on my baby. the whole way down to the nicu i was thinking about how Lance would take it how I was going to take it the shock of everything wasnt clear because I went right to Kagen when I entered the nursey and nothing in the world could stop the way I loved Kagen.
all the tubes he had and oxygen he was hooked up to but they let me snap one picture without it. well its not the Down Sydrome that kept him in the hospital it was the oxygen level he was born Wednesday night and I got dismissed from the hospital Friday. Let me tell you thats the hardest thing in the world leaving your child in the hospital he was perfect and I will never think less of him I did think Thursday night how did this happen me and my husband are young im 21 and he is 20 that night I looked everything up online I was so scared but I didnt let anyone know my heart was left in the nicu and my mind was reading all this information online. his echo came back that he had a normal newborn heart and they did run a test to make sure he did have down sydrome but it took 10 days to get back but while we waited on the test we all fall in love with this little boy

everyone said you looked like daddy and yes you do let me add you hardly ever see Lance smile he was one proud daddy (that picture is daddys first time holding you because mommy was a hog and wanted you all to herself)

 I was so proud of my little man the nurses knew every time I came we would take loads of picture also I didnt miss many feeding once I left the hospital every 3 hours we were up there for feedings.
finally Sunday me and Lance went to church and when we returned no more oxygen he had been off for 24 hours and if he did good all day Moday September 26th he could come home this was one excited mommy

coming home from the hospital so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment