Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kagen's going to be a big cousin

So today is the day we have been waiting for since we found out aunt Jessica was going to have a baby. I was lucky to get to go and I told Kagen last night if he was awake he could go and little man woke up at 6:00
Kagen proved his point he woke up and wanted to go but after I got out the shower I found him asleep
He is such an angel so mommy left him in bed with daddy..because he had his first visit with the speech therapist at 10 and I didn't want him to show out.

Well we finally found out after waiting at the doctor that I'm going to be the proud aunt to the sweetest little girl ever her name will be AnaKate Allison I'm so proud that she will have the same middle name as me :) that just makes my day but we will all be happy to welcome her soon Kagen wasn't so sure about the news I think he was wanting a little boy but well things dont always happen like that

this was how he took it well then I explain he wouldn't have to share his toys he was ok and accepted it
he is such a sport..and the speech therapist came and little man ate so well for her and she gave us things to work with and ways to make him do better but wasnt really worried because he is doing so well and she would be back in a month to check on him again..

1 comment:

  1. I saw that you started following our blog, so i hopped over to yours and wanted to say WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!! i read a little of your story and noted how great you are taking everything! those first few weeks are the hardest with the unknowns and the overload of information you have to read through...but know that Kagen will only bring nothing but good into your life...promise. Also i saw that you were only 21...i was only 25 when i had my son :) in fact, 80% of kids born with Down syndrome are born to young mothers under age 35...i thought that was pretty interesting when i had Cam...i just kept thinking...how did this happen, i am so young! we didn't find out about the down syndrome diagnosis until cam was born either...anyway...i am so excited for you to start this journey, all i can say is that everyday i am so thankful that camden is camden ds and all, and i would never have guessed that before i had him...he teaches me every single day how to live and how to love :). in case you are looking for other fellow bloggers going through something similar you can scroll down my blog on the right under camden's friends...most of the blogs are parents of a young child with ds...it is so nice to see how others do things, the community feel certainly helped me when i first had cam. Good luck! and Welcome again, it is so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete